Load Tap Changer (LTC) Service
Waukesha® Service has the ability and expertise to service most load tap changers in use in the U.S.A. today. We can perform a condition assessment of your LTCs to advise what is wrong or what can be done to increase reliability and extend the life of this important asset. Our Components Group in Dallas, Texas, can provide a complete parts kit so when we service an LTC, we have the correct parts at the jobsite to promptly repair the unit rather than waiting for parts to arrive to complete the job. This process can save time and money! Our Service Team also has the necessary equipment and manpower to remove oil to perform an in-tank inspection and either clean or, more typically, replace the LTC oil.Additional Information
OUR LTC SERVICE CAPABILITIES
KEEP YOUR LTCS OPERATING PROPERLY
Waukesha® Service can make necessary repairs or adjustments:
- Replace old or worn gaskets
- Fix leaks
- Replace contacts, check alignment and timing
- Provide and replace phase moldings and tap heads
- Replace complete internal operating mechanisms on some models of tap changers
- Check the regulating relays for proper operation
- Engineer or upgrade load sharing schemes
- Proper LTC oil maintenance can reduce arcing times and extend contact life. To keep your LTC oil clean and dry, our Service & Components Division can provide and install maintenance-saving devices, such as oil filtration systems and auto-recharging dehydrating breathers
COMPREHENSIVE LTC MAINTENANCE TRAINING
LTC maintenance training is available through our Components Group in Dallas, Texas. Classes are scheduled throughout the year for several of the most common models of tap changers in operation today. Experienced instructors offer this training at our Dallas facility, utilizing working tap changers for both theoretical and hands-on learning opportunities.
Training can also be scheduled at a customer’s facility, if that is most convenient and cost-effective. For more information on these training classes, click here to visit our expanded training offering page.