TRANSFORMER RIGGING & MOVING
Waukesha® Service possesses the special skills and experience required to move and/or relocate power transformers. Whether it’s a station upgrade, unit relocation due to increased load density and demand, transformer replacement or another need, Waukesha® Service takes total responsibility for getting your valuable equipment from one location to another:
- Prepare transformer for shipment
- Remove and transport oil
- Disassemble accessories/parts
- Hire and coordinate a qualified rigger and heavy hauler to load and move your equipment by truck, rail or barge
- Provide electronic tracking and record of impacts
- Unload transformer onto foundation
- Reassemble all parts removed for shipment
- Vacuum process and oil-fill
In those instances that require one or even more than one move, such as a second unit or spare, you can be confident that Waukesha® Service has the project management skills to coordinate and execute the entire project!
Prolec GE Waukesha has the equipment, experience and capability to complete other repairs and/or upgrades you may elect to perform while your older transformer is drained of oil, such as insulation dryouts, bushing replacements, LTC repairs/upgrades, natural ester retrofill, etc.; combining services can minimize costs and transformer downtime.